Thursday 4 May 2017

{English} Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Rift, Part Two (The Rift #2)

For fans of: the Nickelodeon series
Published: 2014 (Dark Horse)
Pages: 76



Blurb: The Past Returns! Avatar Aang and his friends seek answers to the mysteries surrounding a refinery on land sacred to the Air Nomads. As Toph discovers a startling truth about her father's involvement with the refinery, Aang travels to the spirit world, discovering a secret as surprising as it is dangerous. Soon, Team Avatar realizes that they may be facing a threat more dire than they could possibly have imagined!

My opinion: There wasn't much going on in this part, but it was enjoyable. The mix of old and new is getting interesting and it closes the gap between Aang's story and "The Legend of Korra" a little more.
Both Aang and Toph have valid reasons for acting like they do, they're quite some opposites, I'd say. First I was rather on Toph's side, but this installment made me realise that neither way is the right one.


The drama with Toph's family is a tad too much for me, but it makes sense and is necessary.
Satoru is a nice character and he fits in well. It's just that he's a little flat (like the others seem to be in this series) and I hope he's not only there to be Toph's love interest.
Yungchen could be an interesting character, at least her backstory is. It's a nice diversion, because so far we know the most about Avatar Roku and maybe Kiyoshi. I'd be curious about her companion and those two lemurs.

 
 

My rating: 3/5 Buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment